Ultra-premium Guatemalan rum Zacapa and renowned French luxury house Baccarat have announced their partnership with the 76th Annual Tony Awards.
With an exclusive series of first-ever cocktail experiences at the awards ceremony and beyond, the brands have joined to raise a toast to the artistry of Broadway, champion the community, and bring elevated moments of joy and celebration.
This year also marks a change of venue, as the Awards will be presented for the first time at the historic United Palace in Washington Heights on June 11th. And to celebrate, the VIP experience – named Zacapa XO x Baccarat Speakeasy – will offer an evening like no other.
“Community is the lifeforce of Zacapa Rum, and as a brand, we’re focused on uplifting those who make our product possible,” says Sam Salameh, Vice President of Breakout Growth Brands, Diageo. “Our rum is made in the heart of Guatemala and forged by the local community, where we regularly employ 700 female artisans to provide viable pathways towards economic growth.
“And, like Baccarat, we place the highest emphasis on craftsmanship and attention to detail,” Salameh continued. “We’re proud to partner with like-minded organizations like Baccarat and the Tonys to celebrate the craft and incredible community that is Broadway in such a cultural cornerstone as Washington Heights.”
Artfully incorporating dazzling lighting, decor and glassware from the House of Baccarat, the speakeasy space will nod to the heritage and craftsmanship of Baccarat’s 260-year history, alongside the signature experience of Zacapa XO.
Zacapa Rum will work with Master Mixologist Lynnette Marrero and a supporting cast of talented local mixologists to craft bespoke cocktails inspired by the culture and community of Washington Heights. Those in attendance will have a choice of two original cocktails featuring Zacapa XO, crafted à la minute and presented in delicate crystal; each a trophy on its own.
In addition to the Zacapa XO x Baccarat speakeasy that is exclusive to Tony Awards VIP guests, Zacapa Rum will have a presence at the official Tony Awards after party, complete with three additional Zacapa No. 23 serves to round out Lynnette Marrero’s collection. The Zacapa Rum Tony Awards Cocktail Collection includes:
- XO on a Cloud – A decadent serve combing Zacapa XO, Guatemalan Cold Brew, Pimento Bitters, and Spiced Cacao Simple Syrup, topped with a whisper of smoke
- Zacapa Gold Fashioned – A tropical take on an Old Fashioned using Zacapa XO, Cinnamon Infused Agave Syrup, Banana Liqueur, and Mole Bitters, garnished a gold gilded banana leaf
- Zacapa Piraguas – A twist on a Piragua – shaved ice topped with Zacapa No. 23 and a choice of three refreshing flavors – coconut, passion fruit, or pineapple
- Palace Sparkler – A bracing, effervescent offering made with Zacapa No. 23, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Aromatic Bitters, and topped with Champagne
- Showstopper– An herbaceous classic featuring Zacapa No. 23 with Oloroso Sherry, Simple Syrup, Yellow Chartreuse, aperitivo, and lemon juice
For more information, go to ZacapaRum.com and Baccarat.com or connect with the brands on Instagram @ZacapaRumUSA and @Baccarat to learn more