Global tequila brand Patrón has announced has unveiled the judging panel for it’s Perfectionists competition set for later this month in Jalisco, Mexico.
The brand has chosen 7 leaders from different fields within the global hospitality industry as judges, who all share a passion for top Tequila and mixology.
- Ivy Mix, co-owner of Leyenda bar & Fiasco! wine & spirits shop, co-founder of Speed Rack, and author of Spirits of Latin America, joining from Brooklyn, NY.
- LP O’Brien, award-winning mixologist, winner of Netflix’s Drink Masters, CEO and founder LP Drinks and Focus on Health, joining from Washington DC.
- Sandrae Lawrence, founder and editor of award-winning media outlet The Cocktail Lovers magazine and podcast, joining from London.
- Tara Fougner, co-founder and CEO of Thirsty Media, award-winning journalist, community leader and content creator from the Bar World Top 100 Most Influential list, joining from Miami, FL.
- Giulia Cuccurullo, 2020 PATRÓN Perfectionists Global Winner and Head Bartender of Artesian, joining from London.
- Harrison Kenney, 2022 PATRÓN Perfectionists Global Winner and GM of Bar Planet, joining from Sydney.
- Ana Martorell, educator, chef and founder of restaurants Aida and OXA Cocina única, joining from Mexico City.
Additonally, the brand has developed new challenges that the 16 global finalists will need to undertake during the week they are at Hacienda Patrón. The historical entry cocktail presentation will be replaced by three different challenges drawing from some elements of the global educational modules rolled during the entry stage last Autumn.
With their extraordinary knowledge of flavours and fondness of cocktails, Sandrae Lawrence, Giulia Cuccurullo and chef Ana Martorell will judge Challenge #1: Field to Flavor. Taking place against the captivating backdrop of Patrón Tequila’s agave farmers’ fields, the challenge brief will be shared with the global finalists on the very day, testing their creativity and their ability to thrive under pressure.
Challenge #2 – The Stories We Share – will ask participants to dig into the rich history of Mexico and find what resonates with them to create an inspiring PATRÓN Tequila cocktail encapsulating Mexican culture and based on PATRÓN Silver, Reposado or Añejo. Cocktail recipes and their stories will be prepared and submitted in advance and then presented in front of judges Ivy Mix, LP O’Brien and Harrison Kenney at the event at Hacienda PATRÓN.
The grand finale will consist of a third challenge named Mi Mesa es Tu Mesa (my table is your table, a take on the popular Spanish expression mi casa es tu casa). The entire panel of seven, accompanied by Lauren Mote, PATRÓN’s Global Director of On-Trade Excellence and head of the Perfectionists program, will gather on this last occasion.
Championing hospitality and Mexico’s warmest sense of welcoming, Challenge #3 will task bartenders with transforming the judges’ time at the table into a truly unforgettable experience. Thinking how they can stimulate and impress the senses inside and outside the glass, and leave the judges with a lasting memory, the participants will prepare in advance to present a service of a neat serve of PATRÓN tequila alongside a perfectly paired non-alcoholic side cocktail.
Lauren Mote, Global Director of On-Trade Excellence for PATRÓN tequila, commented: “We couldn’t be prouder of having such a stellar line-up of experts joining us from all over the world for what is a much-awaited and first-of-its-kind Patrón Perfectionists global final event. Each one of the judges is a trail blazer in their industry, a vibrant personality whose passion and energy is an inspiration for hospitality professionals, food and cocktail lovers.
“Championing and inspiring people to follow their passions to be the best version of themselves is part of our brand DNA at Patrón, and I am confident that the drive, knowledge, and cultural diversity the judges are bringing to the table are going to ignite further motivation into the participating bartenders.
“I am extremely grateful to all our judges for accepting the task and I encourage the global finalists to make the most of their time with these stars,” Mote continued. “We cannot wait to gather at our Mexican brand home around spectacular Palomas and Margaritas in celebration of the global bar community in a few weeks.”
The PATRÓN Perfectionists global Final event will take place at Hacienda PATRÓN 24-30 March 2023 and will see the participation of the 16 global finalists below.
To stay up to date with the event and upcoming news, follow Academia PATRÓN – on Instagram and on the portal.
PATRÓN PERFECTIONISTS GLOBAL FINALISTS 2023
- Sweden – Jayde Henderson @jaydehendo
- France – Gabriel Pons @gabrielpons_lisavi
- Spain & Portugal – Denys Cherkasov – @denis_chequebarman
- Germany, Austria & Switzerland – Telmo Pacheco – @telmo.noidea
- Italy – Andrea Benvegna – @mr.welcome
- UAE – Kaleb Berry – @kalebbarryy
- South Africa – Sabrina Traubner @sabrinatraubner
- Israel – Mor Koral @morko.koral
- Greater China – Lola Lau @lolasaysgo
- Philippines – Kristina Tubig – @kristinatubig_
- Australia – Alex Boon @doonbocksaint_
- Mexico – Adam Alvarado @adamabam123
- UK – Max Macauley @maxmacauley
- USA – Logan Demmy @pour_the_oil
- Canada – @dasht______
- Wild Card winner (China) – @choni_song