Maker’s Mark wants to give one remarkable small town a dazzling holiday to remember this December.
The iconic Kentucky bourbon today announced the start of its Small Town, Bright Lights contest, in which people 21 years of age and older can nominate a small town that deserves a once-in-a-lifetime holiday makeover as a reward for its remarkable character in 2020.
To spread a little extra holiday cheer this year, the Maker’s Mark Small Town, Bright Lights contest will kick off Nov. 2 and culminate with a celebration of lights and seasonal cheer unlike any other for one remarkable community.
Driven by fan-submitted nominations on Twitter and Instagram, The Maker’s Mark Small Town, Bright Lights contest aims to find and celebrate those who pour the same purpose and heart into their communities that Maker’s Mark does when crafting each bottle of bourbon at its distillery.
Nominations can highlight a small town that came together to support a family in need, rallied around a local cause, or simply celebrated an accomplishment.
To nominate a deserving small town for its chance to receive all the sparkle and magic of the season:
- Log into Twitter or Instagram Between Nov. 2-13
- Post a photo of the remarkable town you’re nominating
- Tell us in 280 characters or less why you are nominating the town and what the town did in 2020 that was remarkable
- Tag @makersmark and use #MakeItRemarkable so we can find your nomination
- After the nomination window is closed, don’t worry. We won’t just show up singing and get started. We’ll let you know if your nomination is the one that leads to holiday décor galore
Once selected, Maker’s Mark and its team of world-class holiday lighting experts, window display artists, gift wrappers, carolers, tree-trimmers, hot cocoa chefs and warm bourbon cocktail creators will head into town to create a remarkable holiday display worthy of the town’s own remarkable spirit.
For more information, visit www.SmallTownBrightLights.com, head to @MakersMark on Twitter or Instagram or follow #MakeItRemarkable.