It’s hard to believe, but this year will mark the 50th anniversary of Hip Hop, and to celebrate, Rémy Martin will release the VSOP Mixtape Vol 3. Limited Edition bottle.
The last of its mixtape-influenced bottle series, Vol. 3, is an ode to the DJ and will act as a precursor to the brand’s interactive augmented reality project, the Rémy Martin Mixtape Street Art Museum.
The VSOP Mixtape Vol 3. Limited Edition comes with a QR code on the pack to discover the tasting notes of Rémy Martin VSOP Cognac Fine Champagne, which embodies the perfect harmony of powerful and elegant aromas, symbolizing the Cellar Master’s art of blending. The versatility of VSOP makes it enjoyable neat, on the rocks, or in a cocktail such as The Rémy Ginger.
A first of its kind for the brand, the Rémy Martin Mixtape Street Art Museum will spotlight eight epochal DJs who have made their mark in cultivating what mixtape culture is today.
These talents include
- Kool DJ Red Alert – From Harlem, New York, who is recognized as one of the founding fathers of hip-hop music and culture,
- DJ Spinderella – Brooklyn’svery own GRAMMY Award-winning DJ, producer, actor, rapper, writer, and global “turntablist;”
- DJ Cocoa Chanelle – Rapper, producer, radio personality, award-winning DJ and legendary “turntablist;”
- DJ Marley Marl – DJ, rapper and one of hip-hop’s first (and finest) super producers,
- DJ Yella – World renowned west-coast rapper, record producer, and film director from Los Angeles,
- DJ Jelly – One of the most influential mixtape DJs of the South,
- DJ Jay illa – One of the top DJs in Chicago and the official DJ for the Chicago Bears and Meta, and
- DJ Shortkut – The Bay Area’s legendary DJ and champion “turntablist.”
With a creative concept by Fred & Farid New York and in collaboration with Xia Gordon, these eight icons will be commemorated with unique murals across New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, and San Francisco.
The imagery will incorporate A.R. technology, providing an interactive viewing experience highlighting the DJ’s impact throughout their careers. As part of the immersive experience, participants can scan the QR codes integrated into each mural design for a deeper look into each DJ’s story and the impact on music today.
The Universal Hip-Hop Museum is also a co-sponsor of the series, which will take place through July 2023, further showcasing the cognac brand’s commitment to the museum’s mission of preserving Hip-Hop culture.
“Rémy Martin has been linked to music for decades. With the release of this third mixtape, we are curating a new kind of vintage celebration that puts the living legacy of music and cognac culture forever at the centre,” said Rémy Martin Global Executive Director Amaury Vinclet in the press release.
“With such a historic year for Hip-Hop, we couldn’t be more excited to team up with celebrated icons in Mixtape culture to announce the launch of the VSOP Mixtape Vol. 3 Limited Edition. This year’s Mixtape release includes an interactive A.R. experience which highlights the vibrance of VSOP tied to a pinnacle moment in music history,” said Rémy Martin Americas Vice President Tina Reejsinghani.
For more information, go to remymartin.com