Even if you’re not one of those people who regularly use the word ‘tablescape’ in a sentence, entertaining this holiday season has become particularly important. For many of us, this might be the first time in the last two years when we have been able to get together with family and friends.
While you might be eager to reunite, ensuring that you can also take the stress out of hosting is just as important as it has ever been. Whether you are throwing a simple backyard BBQ or a Christmas party for the neighbourhood, having a few tips to help everything on how to host celebrations that are effortless, never go astray.
With this in mind, Bacardi-Martini has teamed up with blogger, Rhonda Withers, better known as Margarita Mum to share 7 of her best tips for the season. So, no matter whether you are adding the French sophistication of Grey Goose Vodka, the artistic flair of Bombay Sapphire Gin, the vibrant creativity of Bacardi Rum or the handcrafted perfection of Patron Tequila to your cocktails, you’ll be able to inspire your inner bartender.
“We love a celebration here at Bacardi-Martini Australia and the festive season is one of the best times to enjoy a cocktail or two,” said Brand Ambassador, Georgie Mann. There’s nothing better than seeing people being creative with our spirits and sharing them with friends and family. The festive season can be a busy time so we wanted to put some delicious and easy-to-make recipes together to inspire people.”
Withers has provided inspiration for the season by creating a tablescape for each brand and her tip of course. “I’m a big fan of upcycling items and love being creative with what’s already in my home. For example, I’m always re-using left-over bottles to create a vase or a candlestick holder for a quirky touch,” said Withers.
“I love being unique in my tablescapes, so upcycling items means you can add your own personality which creates talkability with friends and family. You don’t need to spend huge amounts of time and money on creating something beautiful for you next party, you can use what you have and stick to a budget.”
7 Ultimate Entertainer Tips to Elevate Any Occasion by The Margarita Mum
Always invest in quality cocktail ingredients from trusted sources! From there it’s all about…
1. Glassware, always glassware. I love presenting trays of mismatching glassware so that guests can choose their favourite glass to sip from
2. Platters – I love platters, it is worth investing in platters of various sizes so that you can cater adequately for the guests (I am an over feeder!)
3. Edible Garnishes, nothing finishes a platter off more beautifully than edible flowers, thyme, rosemary to dehydrated fruit
4. Ice – good quality Ice. And lots of it. I always have an ice bucket with ice tongs filled and ready
5. Bar Trolley, I like to prepare a bar trolley, especially for each event. It will showcase the alcohol that will be used to create the delicious cocktails
6. Pre-Prepare Drinks, there are many cocktails that can be pre-batched and can be chilled and ready to pour when the guests arrive
7. Alcohol-Free Options: it’s essential to ensure that you are serving alcohol responsibly and that you keep your guests well hydrated. It is also a fabulous courtesy to provide options for those that choose not to drink alcohol and the designated driver. A beautiful tray with water infused with fresh fruit and presented with exquisite glassware always looks fabulous.
For more information on each brand, go to @bombaysapphire | @patron | @greygoose | @bacardi