Nothing tastes more like summer than the sweet, golden nectar of the Pineapple. And if you put that Pineapple Juice in a cocktail, then you’ve got a humidity beating, pool-ready, relaxation guarantee.
Once the classic symbol of hospitality, today the Pineapple has exploded in a variety of bar accessories from shakers and stirrers to shot glasses and bottle openers. And where there is an accessories explosion, cocktails are never far behind.
While Pineapple cocktails are among the fruitiest drinks you can mix up, the juice’s sweet/tart/acidity adds a certain verve and backbone to any drink. No matter what cocktail you mix up, or even what time of year you are doing it, the Pineapple taste will take you to the tropics every time.
So whether you’re celebrating a blissful summer day, or you just need a mental break, Pineapple cocktails can provide you with that tropical escape we all crave.
Here are some fun Pineapple facts –
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- Pineapples contain the bromelain enzyme which can break down proteins, so you can use them to tenderize meat.
- Hawaii produces about 1/3 of all pineapples in the world.
- Pineapples are a cluster of hundreds of fruitlets.
- Pineapples take about 18-20 months to become ready to harvest.
- Pineapples are native to South America before Christopher Columbus discovered them in 1493.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.
Pineapple isn’t just for rum cocktails though, it is a juice that can easily mix in with just about any spirit from Brancy and Cognac through to Vodka, Pisco and Sherry.
So grab some Pineapple Juice and let these drinks take you away to the tropics today.