While we don’t normally look at food, we got to say that the idea of trying to make a Vodka-infused Bûche De Noël is strangely tempting. In other words, it’s been such a hell of a year, that if it’s got booze in it, even we’ll give this baking idea a try.
Whether you are spending the holidays with close family or throwing together a Friendsmas Grey Goose Vodka and TV baking star, Manon Lagrève have you covered with the ultimate cocktail and cake pairing for this year’s festivities – a delightfully indulgent Vodka-infused Bûche De Noël, paired with a seasonally spiced Grey Goose Vodka Yuletide Mule.
In a year where people across Britain have fast become self-made mixologists and budding bakers, the vodka brand has teamed up with star baker Lagrève to give 2020’s baking and cocktail-shaking masters an opportunity to showcase their skills and treat friends and family with a perfectly paired vodka cocktail and dessert:
- Grey Goose Vodka infused Bûche De Noël: A luxurious chocolate genoise with white chocolate mousse and finished with an extra special Grey Goose Vodka-infused ganache
- Grey Goose Vodka Yuletide Mule: A festive twist on an old classic, this cocktail is made with Vodka, cranberry juice and ginger beer.
Commenting on the partnership, Manon said: “After a year unlike any other, I can’t wait to raise a glass this Christmas with friends, whether virtually or in person, and these delectable recipes are the perfect way to toast and treat those you love. Whether making for guests or baking as a gift, the Bûche De Noël is something extra special—particularly when finished with the Grey Goose Vodka-infused ganache.
The sweet and vibrant cocoa notes pair perfectly with the fiery pepper from the ginger beer used within the Grey Goose Yuletide Mule, creating a warming and inviting flavour combination that is almost too good to share!”
The unveiling of the partnership comes at an opportune time for revellers and hosts alike, with almost half (50%) of Brits claiming that they’ll be incorporating more cocktails into their Christmas celebrations than previous years.
For those looking to get creative in the kitchen and treat loved ones, friends or neighbours to something extra special this festive season, Grey Goose has you covered. The full Grey Goose Vodka-infused Bûche De Noël and Grey Goose Yuletide Mule recipes can be found below. Visit the Grey Goose Gifting Shop on Amazon to purchase your bottle to start baking or for a great gifting idea to pair with your creation.
Grey Goose Vodka-infused Bûche De Noël
For the genoise
- 4 large eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 90g plain flour
- 15g corn flour
- 15g cacao powder
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 pinch salt
For the syrup
- 100ml water
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Grey Goose Vodka Ganache
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g double cream
- 50g salted butter
- 10ml Grey Goose Vodka
For the chocolate mousse
- 150g white chocolate
- 250ml double cream
1. Make the Genoise: Separate the egg yolks and whites in two bowls. Add the sugar and warm water to the egg yolks and whisk energetically for a couple of minutes. Sift in the flour, cornflour, cacao and the salt and mix in with a spatula.
2. Finish the Genoise: Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and mix with an electric mixer for 5 to 7 minutes until hard peaks form. Add half of the egg whites to the egg yolks mixture and whisk well. Add the rest gently, using a spatula to fold the egg whites in.
3. Cook the genoise: Lay some baking paper onto a shallow rectangular baking tray and spread the genoise evenly on top with a spatula. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes at 180°C, until nice and softly brown.
4. Prepare a damp clean cloth and cover the warm genoise with it. Flip the baking tray upside down onto a plate/board, remove the baking paper, and gently roll the genoise using the damp cloth. Put in the fridge until completely cooled.
5. Make the white chocolate mousse: Break the white chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Bring the cream to a boil and spread on top of the white chocolate. Gently mix with a spatula until the white chocolate is fully melted. Keep in the fridge until it is time to assemble the Bûche De Noël.
6. Make the Grey Goose Vodka Ganache: Roughly shred the chocolate with a knife and pour into a large mixing bowl. Bring the cream to boil and pour over the dark chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds. Use a spatula to mix the cream and chocolate to create the ganache. Add the 10ml of Grey Goose and let the mixture sit at room temperature.
7. Make the syrup: In a pan, add the water, sugar and vanilla extract and bring to boil. Cook for 5 minutes until it gets slightly thicker.
8. Finish the white chocolate mousse: Use an electric mixer to whisk the white chocolate ganache until light and soft. Fill a piping bag with the mix.
9. Assemble the Grey Goose Vodka Bûche De Noël: Gently remove the cloth inside the genoise and unfold it. Use a pastry brush to spread the syrup all around the genoise. Pipe the white chocolate mousse on top of the genoise and roll it tightly and keep in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
10. Finally, cover with the Grey Goose Vodka Chocolate Ganache and use a spatula to create a wood-like effect. Decorate with Christmas decorations and sprinkle with icing sugar.
And after all of that, finally a drink…
Grey Goose Vodka Yuletide Mule
A Christmas twist on a classic is made with Grey Goose Vodka, cranberry juice and ginger beer.
- 45 ml Grey Goose Vodka
- 15 ml Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
- 120ml Ginger Beer
- + Cranberries
- + Rosemary Sprig
Build all ingredients in a mule mug over ice. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary sprig.